Masses, Rosaries, All-School Liturgies
Theology and Retreats
All students participate in Theology courses each year.
All students at Mount St. Mary Academy participate in a four-year retreat program. Retreats are offered each year to promote growth in the students’ spiritual lives regarding their relationships with God, self, and each other.
Campus Ministry Program
The Campus Ministry Program is intended to build a Christ-centered community of faith at our school. Through the programs offered, it seeks to nurture the faith development and spiritual growth of the school community. It is one aspect of the total and holistic religious education program offered at Mount St. Mary Academy.
- Prayer Groups
Mount St. Mary Academy offers several opportunities outside the classroom to share and develop faith. All are welcome!
- Lunch with Liz is a faith sharing prayer group led by Liz Tinquist, who is head of the Catholic Youth Ministry for the Diocese of Little Rock.
- Lunch with Denise is a faith sharing prayer group led by Denise Morbitt, who is the head of the Catholic Youth Ministry for Our Lady of the Holy Souls Catholic Church.
- Student-led Bible Study groups are available all year.
- Advent prayer groups meet during the Advent season.
- Lenten prayer groups meet during the Lenten season.
- Liturgy Team and Eucharistic Ministers
The liturgy team coordinates and implements all school Masses, prayer services, and prayer groups, as well as Wednesday and Friday Masses. They also assist with Father/Daughter Masses and Mother/Daughter Rosaries that are held once a month.
Being a Eucharistic Minister at the Mount is a form of service to others in Christ. It is a call from the community of faith that recognizes the gifts of a person and asks that those gifts be used to help others. Eucharistic Ministers assist at all Masses, all-school Liturgies and class retreats. This ministry is open to senior students who are practicing Catholics, and have received the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Father/Daughter Masses & Mother/Daughter Rosaries
All students and parents are invited to our monthly Mother-Daughter Rosary and Father-Daughter Mass. All are welcome! It’s a great opportunity to pray and eat lunch with your daughter. Masses and rosaries start at 11:05 in the gym. You may bring your daughter lunch. Cookies and drinks are provided.