Welcome to Mount St. Mary Academy
Arkansas’ only Catholic, college-preparatory high school for young women
Founded in 1851, Mount St. Mary Academy is proud to be Arkansas’ oldest educational institution as well as the only all-girls school in the state. The supportive, yet challenging, all-girls learning environment provides a unique platform that helps young women build confidence while growing academically and spiritually. Blending faith and academic rigor in the spirit of the school’s Catholic founders, the Sisters of Mercy, Mount St. Mary prepares girls for college and life and equips them to be leaders in their families, churches, workplaces, and communities.
“Must be a Mount Girl!”
Mount Girls are known for being bright, inquisitive, team oriented and service driven. They can be seen voicing their opinions on college campuses, starting their own businesses or collecting cans at local food pantries. A Mount Girl is more than smart and accomplished; she is grounded in Mercy values and guided by her faith. She loves learning and extends that passion to everything she does. She also recognizes her own intrinsic dignity and worth and respects that of others.
At Mount St. Mary Academy, each student is challenged, and remarkable things happen once she decides to accept that challenge. Increased academic performance, self-confidence and leadership traits emerge in the four years leading up to graduation. Each year, graduates maintain a 100% college acceptance rate with scholarship offerings surpassing $10 million and 10,000 hours of service to the community. With a foundational base of knowledge, experience and spirituality, our students are well equipped, empowered and prepared for whatever the future holds. Must be Mount Girls!
School Fast Facts & Accomplishments
- A sponsored ministry of the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and a member of Mercy Education
- Founded in 1851, the oldest high school and the only all-girls school in Arkansas
- Voted Best Private School in Arkansas Times’ “Best of Arkansas 2022” readers’ poll
- Voted Best Private High School in Arkansas Democrat-Gazette’s “2022 Best of the Best” readers’ poll
- 459 young women, grades 9-12
- 67% Catholic, 33% other faiths
- 13:1 student-faculty ratio
- Average class size of 17
- 24.7 ACT composite score (3-year average)
- 25 AP courses, plus an AP Capstone Diploma Program and full-scale honors program
- 25 hours of college credit available through concurrent credit program with UA Little Rock, plus online summer courses
- Service Learning Program with students volunteering at 25 service sites in the Greater Little Rock community
- 50+ clubs, organizations and sports teams
- Alumnae network of nearly 9,000 strong
Class of 2022 Achievements
- Awarded $13.2 million in college scholarships
- Attending 37 different colleges across 15 states, accepted to nearly 100 different colleges
- 18% enrolled in an Honors College program
- Nearly 1/4 scored a 30 or higher on the ACT
- 33 total AP scholars
- One National Merit Finalist
- A Stephens Award winner, Arkansas Women’s Hall of Fame Girl of Distinction, Thea Foundation Scholarship Recipient, and Forensics and Debate State Champion and Runner-Up
- 10 student-athletes signed to play collegiate-level sports (across Divisions I, II & III)
- Nearly 9,000 hours of community service completed during their junior and senior years
View a copy of our 2022-2023 School Profile here.