Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Mount St. Mary Academy
Inspired by the Catholic and Mercy values upon which we were founded and still hold dear, Mount St. Mary Academy is committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment – one where all members of our school community feel welcome, valued for their unique contributions and empowered to achieve their greatest potential.
We believe the best learning environment for instilling wisdom, compassion and integrity in our young women, and preparing them to lead successful lives in an increasingly interconnected world, is one that promotes diversity and inclusivity. In order to build and maintain a stronger, more inclusive community at Mount St. Mary Academy, we commit to:
- Broaden our vision and understanding of living Mercy;
- Grow in our awareness and our understanding of diversity and inclusion issues;
- Deepen our appreciation for the diversity of our school community and in our world;
- Foster a school culture of inclusion that is open, respectful and appreciative of the diversity among us;
- Recognize the ongoing opportunities in listening to and learning from one another;
- Create opportunities for conversations that expand our understanding of realities and perceptions that may inhibit a culture of inclusion in order to intentionally promote a more inclusive culture; and
- Ensure that policies, procedures, practices and behavior are consistent with our mission and Mercy values and reflect the inclusive community we aspire to be.