Our Mission Statement
Mount St. Mary Academy, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, develops young women with a moral and intellectual foundation rooted in Catholic tradition. Mercy-minded and college-prepared, our students meet the future with wisdom, compassion and integrity.
Equipped with knowledge, our graduates leave with confidence, courage, motivation and drive. Like Catherine McAuley, they are fierce pioneers, passionate about making a difference in their communities and the world.
Our Mercy Values
At Mount St. Mary, the following Mercy values permeate campus life in practical, purposeful, and recognizable ways and serve as the benchmark for the unique experience the school provides:
- Recognition of the intrinsic worth and dignity of each person
- Excellence and quality
- The courage to innovate and the freedom to make mistakes
- Compassion, mercy, and justice
- Service to the poor, sick, and uneducated
- Response to need
- The worth and need of a sound education in the total effort of leading students to the truth
- Respect for varied religious traditions and beliefs
Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy
The Sisters of Mercy seek to serve those in need around the world. Their commitment to social justice is focused in five interconnected Critical Concerns, all which Mount St. Mary proudly embraces:
- protecting the earth;
- opposing racism;
- promoting nonviolence;
- working for the equality of women; and
- ensuring the dignity of immigrants.